Employment Screening Solutions and Services
There's a reason why so many large employers look to Global Information Network to efficiently implement, manage and control their employment background check screening program. We offer excellent customer service plus with our scope of reports we offer information in over 180 countries, 3009 counties, 64 parishes, 16 boroughs and 41 independent municipalities or cities.
- Social Security Trace
Your first indication of applicant dishonesty. Find out if your applicant has provided a valid social security number, if it was issued prior to his/her date of birth or if it belongs to a deceased person.
- Statewide Criminal Record Search
Criminal Court Record research can potentially help avoid workplace violence, as well as provide demonstrable evidence of your due diligence in the hiring process. To aid in this effort, GIN offers its customers timely access to state repositories as laws allow.
- County Criminal Record Search
The county criminal background check is the most accurate information you can obtain. Global Information Network offers its customers timely access to any of the 3,187 counties in the United States. GIN can search felony and or misdemeanor information in any U. S. county.
- Federal Criminal, Civil & Bankruptcy Record Search
This search will reveal violations of federal law. For example: insider trading, bank robbery, counterfeiting, interstate drug trafficking and kidnapping. GIN provides criminal research in all 91 Federal Districts in the United States. Research is done per district.
- National Criminal Database
A database search of over 501,000,000 million records is performed looking for criminal records on your applicant using Name and Date of Birth.
- International Criminal Searches
GIN offers criminal record searches in over 170 different countries. Contact our office for additional information, including availability and pricing.
- Motor Vehicle Records
Verifying driving records is an important step toward ensuring that your company cannot be held liable for automobile accidents, regardless of whether they are in a personal or company vehicle. Driving record reports are available in all 50 states and verify the validity of an applicant's driver's license including violations, suspensions and revocations, type of license and any restrictions.
- Employment Drug Screening
Drug testing has become an integral part of the employment screening process. U.S. Labor Statistics estimates that drug use in the workplace cost employers $75 billion to $100 billion annually in lost time, accidents, health care and workers' compensation costs. Sixty-five percent of all accidents on the job are directly related to drugs or alcohol. GIN provides comprehensive substance abuse testing programs including specimen collection coordination, laboratory coordination and medical review and reporting of substance abuse testing results.
- Employment Credit History Report
Recommended for all applicants interviewing for a financial position. This report provides a description of an individual's credit history for the most recent seven years. Inquiries are in complete compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and reported as "employment use".
- Professional License
Verification of an applicant’s professional license and/or certification including the issue date, status and any disciplinary actions or restrictions.
- Employment Verification
GIN offers verification of employment; let us play the phone tag allowing your human resource team to focus on important issues like applicant recruitment, employee relations and performance. Research obtained: dates of employment, position held and ending pay rate, when available. Custom questions upon request for an additional fee.
- Education Verification
Academic history is the most commonly falsified information an applicant provides. GIN verifies dates of attendance, major studied, degree received, date awarded.
- Government Sanctions Search
- National government sanctions and denied parties list.
- Homeland Security Search
- 45 different National and International Terrorist and Fugitive Lists.
- OIG and GSA Sanction Screening Search
This is a search of the sanction information as taken by the OIG, the GSA as well as the disciplinary actions taken by federal agencies and by available licensing and certification agencies.
- Customer Service
- 800-527-0265 ext 101Phone:
- Sales Department
- 800-527-0265 ext 100Phone:
- Accounting Department
- 800-527-0265 ext 102Phone:
- Sales department: +1 800 527 0265 ext: 100
- Web site questions: +1 800 527 0265 ext: 101
If you haven't been conducting a background check as part of the pre employment screening process, here are some considerations:
• The average cost of recruiting, hiring and training an employee can range from $4,000 to $50,000 depending on the position. A complete background check helps insure your investment and typically costs less than 1% of your hiring expense.
• While the percent of resumes containing false or misleading information varies from one industry and position to the next, it is a widespread and potentially expensive practice.
• Approximately 11% of our Criminal Background Check Searches reveal the applicant or employee has a criminal record.
• Negligent Hiring jury awards regularly run into the millions, and that does not include legal expenses. A quality pre employment screening program usually includes a criminal background check, which helps prove the proper due diligence in hiring was executed.